In-Home Family Support Programs provide respite, community and recreational services to help with individual needs. To reach these goals, supporters explain and explore community resource options and help coordinate the process of selecting support services.
• Meeting with families to listen and develop a unique program.
• Helping with locating appropriate community resources and family options for individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Providing instructional and educational opportunities requested by a family member.
• Developing new ways to use community resources and natural supports to meet individual family choices.
• Giving information regarding legal rights and policies in different systems and agencies to family members.
• Exploring ways for families to become advocates for their family members.
• Linking families with support groups.
• Making sure that families are connected with all eligible sources of financial support.